The scalp is the skin that covers the head and the place where hair grows and its health directly affects the health of all the hair, so if it looks bad, it is normal to ask yourself if there is an underlying problem: what is happening on the scalp?
The good thing is that many of the problems related to the scalp can be solved easily and simply, simply by changing a few points in your routine. Below, we detail some basic care to keep your scalp well-hydrated every day of the week.
1. Apply these 5 basic care to have a healthy and strong scalp
Beautiful and healthy hair is a reflection of a healthy person. If a person has dry, itchy, irritated hair and notices tightness at the roots, it is probably because they have a sensitive scalp. High temperatures, environmental pollution, sun exposure, stress, poor diet, hormonal changes, and inappropriate use of essential products are some of the causes of hair sensitivity.
All this leads to one conclusion: the scalp feels and, if not taken care of, will lead to problems such as dandruff (if you want to know more about this consequence, read the post Everything you need to know about dandruff ), oiliness, itching and irritation and hair loss.
Below, we show you 5 simple steps to follow in your daily hair care routine :
1.1. Cleansing and hydration are essential
In general, it is advisable to exfoliate every week or 15 days and use a cleansing shampoo and a hydrating mask. In this way, exfoliation eliminates dead cells from the scalp and activates circulation which, together with the deep hydration of the shampoo and mask, promotes hair growth. Even so, each hair is different, so it is important to use products that suit your hair specifically: if you wash your hair every day, for example, rinse only once; If you have oily and fine hair, it is advisable not to use a mask, etc. The important thing is to keep your hair clean and hydrated with the products that best suit your hair.
1.2. Massage the scalp
To do this, always use your fingers, never your nails. Although it may seem pleasant and necessary in the face of hair irritation, it is better to use your fingertips. Make small circles in an upward path from the neck to the forehead. This massage will activate blood circulation and stimulate the hair follicles located inside the scalp. This way, the product will enter them better and the hair will grow longer and better.
1.3. The final trick: cold water and comb
Remember to rinse with cold water. Although it may be annoying, it is a simple gesture that your hair will greatly appreciate: it activates circulation and it will look much shinier. In addition, when you brush it, use a wooden or tortoiseshell comb, these materials are much less harmful to the hair since they break it much less than others.
1.4. Don’t use too much product
More is not better. Adding two kilos of shampoo or mask does not mean that your hair will stop being dry or oily, nor that all your hair problems will disappear. You have to dedicate time and use the right amount of product, otherwise it can suffocate the hair follicle and prevent adequate oxygenation. On the other hand, keep in mind that it is not bad to wash your hair daily, just reduce the amounts a little more and rinse only once with shampoo.
1.5. Natural, better
Try to use natural products. Honey helps in cases of dermatitis since it is moisturizing and antioxidant. Onion, for its part, prevents dandruff and oil, as well as hair loss. The properties of aloe vera are also beneficial for dry scalp. Another alternative is to use industrial products with high percentages of natural bases.
2. What else can you do to take care of your scalp?
In addition to taking care of your hair with a specific routine every time you wash it, analyzing each of the causes that cause a sensitive scalp is very important to avoid ending up with sick hair.
Therefore, we give you other tips that will help you take care of your scalp:
- Subjecting hair to high temperatures such as blow dryers or straighteners causes it to burn and break. Move the dryer 10 cm away to avoid overexposure to heat and use thermal protectors beforehand.
- Dyes, foams, gels… and other hair products can affect its health by leaving residue and not allowing it to breathe. Its abusive use must be avoided.
- Stress directly affects hair loss and hair health. Stress is the disease of the 21st century and reducing its impact helps improve not only your quality of life but also your health.
- Wearing excessive hats or caps can suffocate the scalp, especially if the hair is dirty, the grease prevents oxygen from penetrating properly.
- Doing long or very strong pigtails is also bad. The constant tension on the roots causes the hair to weaken, fall out, and not grow the same.
- The diet also affects hair. For example, oily hair is often related to a high-fat diet, or a lack of vitamins is reflected in looser and less shiny hair. Therefore, it is essential to follow a good diet rich in fruit and vegetables.